activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Long lasting transactions
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:54:15 GMT
On 4/19/06, ssozonoff <> wrote:
> Well,
> As you might have noticed by now, I am sort of running blind in all
> directions at the moment. I call this brainstorming ;-) ... or maybe
> learning the ropes

> Hrrmm. With regards to the shortest distance between two points. You are
> probably right and I should be looking at the C# client a little closer.

Incidentally its worth remembering that the C# client is a set of
interfaces that can be implemented however you like - so its not like
you're tying your code to something ActiveMQ specific etc...

Unfortunately we've not got the .Net version of javadoc working
automatically yet, but take a little surf of the .Net code...

The 'NMS' defines the .Net Messaging System API - a .Net version of
JMS in pure interfaces.

You could then implement NMS via Stomp or via a HTTP transport etc.
It'd be cool to be able to switch at runtime between Stomp,
OpenWire-over-HTTP or OpenWire etc.

> When you mention the "existing HTTP server
> side transport" you are reffering to:
> HTTP    http://host:port        Client connects to the broker using HTTP tunnelling,
> with XML payloads suitable for going through firewalls

> Where can I find the serveside implementation of this?

Its in the activemq-web module. There's a bunch of test cases in the
WAR you could tinker with to see how HTTP is used; in essence we just
turn all the ActiveMQ command POJOs (in the activemq.command package)
into XML using XStream and send them over HTTP.

View raw message