activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long lasting transactions
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:26:40 GMT
On 4/19/06, ssozonoff <serge@sozonoff.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> At the moment we are using a C# .net client for integration reasons into
> other 3rd party API's, but we would like to stay somewhat flexible here.

So let me get this right; you are gonna build a C# client to ActiveMQ
using HTTP as a transport (assuming we can extend the REST support to
do all the things you need like lockiing/timeouts, transactions and so
forth) - yet you don't want to use the C# client that already does
everything you need :)

In terms of shortest distance between two points, its probably gonna
be easier to write a HTTP transport for the existing C# client (which
already has pluggable transports) to talk to the existing HTTP server
side transport than it is to come up with a brand new REST API which
does everything that a real JMS client can do; though if you're
prepared to do most of the work and testing, the latter is fine with
me too :)

> BTW are you based in Europe or the US?

Mostly Europe (London) but tend to make frequent trips to the US

--

James
-------