activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and Ajax
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:03:25 GMT
On 4/19/06, ssozonoff <serge@sozonoff.com> wrote:

> Thanks I will give this whole issue some more thought.
>
> BTW with regards to Comet, my understanding is that it is truely push based
> and does not require more than a single poll to get started after which
> events are pushed. In that case I guess your Ajax solution would be a sort
> of hybrid since there is a poll every 20-30 seconds.... and I still agree
> that it would be more robust.

Yeah - Comet is as good as you can get over HTTP. With C#/Java
clients, we can stream lots of messages (say 1000 of them) to the
client asynchronously so they get unmarshalled into Message objects in
the background, so the consumer doesn't have to wait for each message
to arrive; leading to real high performance.

> Another alternative would be to use XMPP and JEP 124 to get it over HTTP but
> this does not address the Push aspect... only the transport layer. I saw
> somewhere that there was some XMPP support in ActiveMQ.

Yeah- but its Java only though - you'd need a C# client.

--

James
-------