activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't close connection
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:31:05 GMT
On 4/11/06, Wayne1285 <WayneSIrwin@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have set my connection string to include
> "?trace=true&soTimeout=9000&connectionTimeout=14000&wireFormat.stackTraceEnabled=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=10000"
>
> It does not change any behaviour at all.
>
> I can create the connection no problem, but cannot create a session after 12
> hours.  I think that is due to my router and I am working on that.
>
> My question remains as to why the attempt to create a session and the
> attempt to close the connection never timeout?

Because we rely on the transport layer to do the timeout for us. If
required we could introduce a timeout at the JMS client layer though

> When a session cannot be created, the attempt to create the session hangs
> forever (over 12 hours anyway).
>
> Further, trying to close the connection that was successfully opened  hangs
> forever as well. Why?

Closing connections is another request-response on the transport
layer; though for closing we have a default timeout which should avoid
blocking forever.

--

James
-------