activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Features in 4.x + JBoss + MDB. Will they work together?
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:07:35 GMT
On 4/13/06, Dmitriy Fot <dmitriy.fot@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Will "MessageGroups" and "TotalOrdening" work in ActiveMQ4.0 integrated in
> JBoss?

Yes. Both the Message Groups and Total Ordering features are
implemented inside the ActiveMQ broker; so they should work with any
client.

> If I use JBossMQ and singleton MessageDrivenBean then the order of the
> messages is  preserved. But will ActiveMQ preserve the order of my messages
> if I use a pool of MessageDrivenBeans?

Yes, if you are using Message Groups. i.e. if the producer sets a
message group header (JMSXGroupID) then messages with the same group
header will be sent to the same consumer thread (MDB instance) so that
order will be preserved for all messages with the same message group
header

--

James
-------