activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publish() call to remote JMS server hangs
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:21:58 GMT
Your operating system should at some point realise that the socket is
dead and kill the socket, unblocking the send thread with an
IOException.

The 'hang' most likely lasts for as long as your default TCP socket
timeout on your OS. You could try set more aggresive timeouts...

http://activemq.org/TCP+Transport+Reference

(e.g. using soTimeout=2000)

On 4/17/06, skarthik <karthik.sethuraman@necam.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After futher investigation, it seems that the problem is not related to the
> type of Object being serialized as payload, but rather the size of the
> object. It seems that payloads of less than 64KB size causes the publish()
> call to hang, while payloads larger than 64KB does not.
>
>  The problem is that in our application the publish is done under a
> synchronized lock, and if the call hangs, other
> publish/close/cleanup/reconnect code will be deadlocked.
>
> Thanks,
> karthik
> --

James