activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failover failure?
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:07:32 GMT
On 4/12/06, Claude Montpetit [Trilliant]
<claude.montpetit@trilliantnetworks.com> wrote:
> Back on this subject, the problem does not occur if you have, say, a
> MBeanServer running in your process. Any thread that keeps the consumer
> VM running will prevent the (lingo) consumer from exiting when the
> broker is shutdown. Since it may be common to have another active
> thread, this may be why this problem does not show in most 4.x
> deployments, which I just read, is supposed to be kind of production ready.

Ah! So your problem is purely not having a non-daemon thread running
to stop the JVM from terminating right. So its nothing to do with
transports terminating early etc.

It might be worth adding some simple FactoryBean to lingo to stop the
JVM terminating in Lingo type deployments if thats what you want.
Though an easy way to fix it is run some other software like an
MBeanServer

--

James
-------