activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [activemq-user] Application Hanging when Sending JMS Messages
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:39:26 GMT
On 4/12/06, etolson <etolson@hcmny.com> wrote:
> Wait a sec, ActiveMQ 4.x isn't production yet right?  I'm using this in a
> production system, I need a production JMS implementation.  I am planning on
> trying 4.x as soon as it's a production release.

ActiveMQ 4 has been kinda production ready all year and its live at
lots of sites in production right now; what slowed us down was the
Apache move and joining the incubator; if we'd have been at codehaus
we'd probably be on 4.3 by now I should think :).

So 4.0-RC2 can be considered a production ActiveMQ 4 release - I'd
urge anyone using 3.x to upgrade to 4.0-RC2 as soon as possible; its
way more stable, heavily tested and has large numbers of issues fixed
such as dealing with large queues nicely. If folks don't find any
problems with it, we'll be shipping a full 4.0 release real soon.

> I appreciate the TCP timeout comment, that may address this problem.  Is
> this an ActiveMQ setting or how do I change the TCP socket timeout?

There's lots in 4.x :)
http://activemq.org/TCP+Transport+Reference

--

James