activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [activemq-user] Application Hanging when Sending JMS Messages
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:25:22 GMT
BTW we've had ActiveMQ 4.x now for about a year - have you tried
upgrading to 4.x (e.g. 4.0-RC2?) to see if this bug has been fixed;
we've fixed lots and lots of bugs and issues in 4.x over the last year

FWIW a common case of lockup is when the TCP timeout on sockets is set
to your operating system defaults which sometimes can be an hour or
day; so ActiveMQ will sometimes hang until the OS realises the scoket
is dead.

James

On 4/12/06, etolson <etolson@hcmny.com> wrote:

> We have experienced a similar problem, with only one overlapping variable -
> so clearly this is an ActiveMQ bug.  We are running a JBoss appserver on
> Linux using Java 1.5 and Active MQ v.3.2 to distribute data to client
> applications.  We are using topics and non-persistant messages.  Active MQ
> locks up with a thread stuck doing a socketWrite and holding locks needed by
> all the other Active MQ threads.  Here's the thread dump of the offending
> thread:
>
> "Thread-224058" daemon prio=1 tid=0xe3954c10 nid=0x2a61 runnable
> [0xde12d000..0xde12d670]
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
>         at
> java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
>         at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
>         at
> org.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedOutputStream.flush(TcpBufferedOutputStream.java:109)
>         at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)
>         at
> org.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportChannel.doAsyncSend(TcpTransportChannel.java:475)
>         - locked <0x4e66b458> (a java.lang.Object)
>         at
> org.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportChannel$1.run(TcpTransportChannel.java:262)
>         at
> EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:748)
>
> Has any progress been made on resolving this bug since this post was made 7
> months ago?
> --

James
-------