activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 - Consumer not working??
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:55:17 GMT
This is a pretty standard gotcha in JMS...

http://activemq.org/I+am+not+receiving+any+messages%2C+what+is+wrong

one of the problems is its perfectly legal to create consumers before
the connection is started (its often good practice to create all your
JMS resources first, then start the connection.

I guess it might be nice to create some kind of warning in the log, if
a connection and consumers are created, but the connection is not
started for say 5 seconds, to send a warning to the log that the
connection has not been started yet.

James

--

James