activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't close connection
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 10:44:52 GMT
Creating a session or closing things typically requires blocking
request-response operations on the broker. If you're broker goes down
creating a session could well block for a long time until your socket
actually times out.

You may want to consider setting a low timeout value on the sockets so
they timeout quickly. On the close of a connection you can also set a
timeout as well.

http://activemq.org/TCP+Transport+Reference

James

On 4/9/06, Wayne1285 <WayneSIrwin@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am using ActiveMQ-4.0-RC2 and Java 1.5.
>
> I open a connection and then try to get a session, but the session does not
> get created. (see other postings).  In the process of cleaning up after
> detecting that the session is not being returned, I issue a close() to the
> connection, but that too just hangs, waiting for something, probably the
> session be created or timed out.  There does not seem to be any way for me
> to close the connection and therefore end the thread that the connection is
> runing on.
>
> Is this a bug on it's own, or only related to creating a session hanging?
> --

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/