activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ / C++
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 08:59:40 GMT
Firstly anyone should be able to write a Stomp client to ActiveMQ in a
few hours. Folks have writen clients in pure ruby, python, perl, C#
and C/C++ really quickly - though admittedly its usually much simpler
in scripting languages than it is in C/C++. So noone should ever have
to invent their own new tcp calls etc.

http://activemq.org/Stomp

For C/C++ connectivity, I'd recommend the CMS thats in SVN

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/cms/

which works fine. We're in the process of merging the efforts of the
openwire-cpp and cms together with some other code too; but for now
CMS is fine.

openwire-c frequently gets out of step with the rest of openwire as
right now its not completely code-generated, so we have to rememeber
to manually hack it a little whenever openwire changes - if only we
had that as part of our CI build then we'd be able to keep it up to
date more easily.

--

James
-------