activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a strange ssl error
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:00:05 GMT
Thanks for the heads up Mike. Its a bit surprising the close-thing; as
really all that happens with a close is we asynchronously send a close
command, then shut down the socket - but it appears from your stack
trace that the write of the close command fails while flushing the
buffer to the socket due to the socket already being closed which I
don't quite understand. Bizarre :)

If you can think of anything else to help us nail down this
strangeness please do let us know.

BTW I wonder if its anything to do with tcpNoDelayEnabled setting?
(i.e. whether we send complete packets or wait for them to fill up
etc).

http://activemq.org/Configuring+Wire+Formats

On 4/6/06, Gerdes, Mike <mike.gerdes@airbus.com> wrote:

> thanks for the fast answer. Ok there is no part of my network that closes the connection,
but your hint looks close to the error. It doesn't happen with tcp, but SSL throws sockettimeout
messages all the time and calls a close after the message is transfered. The timeouts don't
cause the connection to be closed while it is idle, so I guess there might be something in
the code that closes the connection or so.
> The funny thing is that everything works fine as long as no close is called. That means
I can send and recieve messages without any problems all the time, so the connection is not
totally dropped. But when I want to close it then the error occurs.
> It is not that critical, as I can just leave all connections open, but it might be a
problem in an enviroment with many clients and when the application that gets the exception
crashes.

> anyway thanks again james
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

error. To be honest I have no clue what causes this error or why it is caused at all.
> > First this error happens in compination of ssl and jms, second the error only happens
in about 50% of all cases, third and the strangest thing is, that the error only happens when
a connection.close(); is in class file and I haven't noticed it when the connection is not
closed. Also it looks like the error is happening shortly before the connection.close(); command
is executed. At least the error is displayed right in the output of a loop that runs before
the connection.close();.

--

James
-------