activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a strange ssl error
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:56:42 GMT
On 4/6/06, Gerdes, Mike <mike.gerdes@airbus.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> so in my experiments with ssl, which looked promising, I have encountered a new error.
To be honest I have no clue what causes this error or why it is caused at all.
> First this error happens in compination of ssl and jms, second the error only happens
in about 50% of all cases, third and the strangest thing is, that the error only happens when
a connection.close(); is in class file and I haven't noticed it when the connection is not
closed. Also it looks like the error is happening shortly before the connection.close(); command
is executed. At least the error is displayed right in the output of a loop that runs before
the connection.close();.

> I am totally confused by this error and and argh....

>From the stack trace it looks like you are trying to close a client
connection but that fails because the socket has already been closed
by someone else - though I've no bright ideas why that might be the
case I'm afraid. Could it be a firewall or some other part of your
network is simply just dropping the underlying socket? Or are there
any broker side warnings/errors that is causing it to drop the socket?
Or was the client just inactive for too long?

--

James
-------