activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broker config
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 07:10:17 GMT
On 4/4/06, Naby <user_is@abwesend.de> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> We are running ActiveMQ RC1 with Java1.5 and the default configuration on an
> Linux system now. It is used by about 50 clients with about 100-150
> non-durable non-persistent topics at the same time.
>
> Can someone recommend an broker configuration to me?

The default configuration should work well for this architecture. If
you explicitly want to disable all persistence, you could set the
persistent flag to false in the <broker> tag. Other than that I think
you're done.

A single broker should be able to deal with the load of 50 clients; if
you really want you could run 2 brokers in a network then let clients
use the failover: protocol to connect to either one so that if one
broker fails, clients will failover to the other one.
http://activemq.org/Networks+of+Brokers

--

James
-------