activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Message filtering
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:44:37 GMT
It depends on message load and potential fan out.  If you want to
avoid large fanout , then use selectors so that the broker minimizes
the number of messages that the clients are receiving.

If message fanout is not a problem, you can probably implement more
complex/dynamic rule evaluation on the client side (Drools etc.).

Regards,
Hiram

On 4/17/06, ssozonoff <serge@sozonoff.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What is considered the best way to filter messages. If I have a set of
> complex rules, should I try and do something with a selector or am I just
> better of doing my filtering outside of JMS. Can I use multiple selectors
> with a single MessageListener?
>
> Thanks,
> Serge
> --