activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: MessageListener stops receiving messages from queue
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:36:16 GMT
Odd, it almost seems like if the client was not acking back.  What
version of ActiveMQ are you using?

For more info on why the producer is not tottaly decoupled from the
consumer, and how to configure the server to behave differently, see:

http://activemq.com/Slow+Consumer+Handling

Regards,
Hiram

On 4/11/06, Kuppe <kuppe@360t.com> wrote:

> Ok, i have done some further testing, and have the following results, this
> time on the topic...
>
> When i setup to send 100000 messages to the topic, i see that up to 32560
> the MessageListener receives exactly what is sent. Then for some reason the
> messages stop being received.. Then the producer sends another 2000 messages
> or so (up to 34614), then it stops. When i remove the MessageListener from
> the topic, all messages are sent successfully.
>
> The purpose of my testing is really to determine the performance and
> throughput of the BrokerService under different conditions as i am looking
> to implement a market data BrokerService for distributing about 6500
> rates/sec... Before implementing a more complicated solution, i am hoping to
> establish a good prototype demonstrating the abilities of ActiveMQ.
>
> Actually, perhaps you can explain how there might be any connection between
> a publisher and a subscriber on a topic, especially when i have set the
> delivery mode to NON_PERSISTENT. I would expect that a subscriber will
> essentially just pick up the latest message to have been sent by the
> producer and the producer would be completely decoupled from the consumer...
>
> Again, thanks for your support in advance.
>
> m.
> --

Regards,
Hiram