activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Number of queues
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:23:44 GMT
Performance wise, It's usually better to use more queues.  In terms of
star up time, if we need to recover x messages, it going to take the
same time if they are all in 1 queue or if they are divided up among
many queues.   The upside to using many queues is that the messages
are lazy loaded so if you have many small queues, you will distribute
the cost of recovering those queues over many operations.

On 4/11/06, ssozonoff <serge@sozonoff.com> wrote:

> Continueing on here...
>
> Is it better to try and scale using Message Selectors and a smaller number
> of queue's or lots of Queue's and no message selectors?
>
> Thanks,
> Serge
> --

Regards,