activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: How does Reliability work?
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:24:33 GMT
On 4/10/06, guillermolalsacien <guillermo@sun.com> wrote:

> I have a few doubts about the acknowledging mechanism:
>
>   - What happens if the acknowledgement message is lost ? Does the provider
> send it again ? How reliable is the mechanism or how much can I trust the
> provider ?

To loose the ack message, the jms connection would also have to to be
lost.  In this case, the broker re-sends the message to another
consumer.

> These questions lead me to ask finally, when should I use the
> session.recover() method?

If you are using client ack, and have received 10 messages without
sending the ack, and something goes wrong with your application (DB
failure or something), and you want to re-process  those 10 messages,
call session.recover()

> Do I have to detect if a message has been lost myself in order to call
> session.recover() ?

To see if the broker is re delivering a message, call
message.getJMSRedelivered()

> Thanks
> --

Regards,