activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMS API
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:15:09 GMT
You're right - currently, the CMS API only supports topics (that will change
in the near future).  CMS, as it stands, operates on the Stomp protocol,
which treats topics and queues the same - so nothing is really lost by using
topics.  If you need true queue functionality, I believe you need to use the
openwire-cpp client.  http://www.activemq.com/OpenWire+CPP+Client

There is an effort going on to merge the two into a single c++ client that
supports both protocols.

Regards,
Nate