activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transfering Files
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 05:03:40 GMT
answers inlined:

On 13 Apr 2006, at 15:10, kj1003 wrote:

> Thanks. Actually did look at it but streams looked like good
> candidate for
> continues data flow. How are they used to send files?
You would read an individual file with a FileInputStream  - piped to
the ActiveMQOutputStream (using  PipedInputStream) - and you might
use a DeflatorOutputStream (compression might help performance)
before the ActiveMQOutputStream - and have the reverse at the
consumer end.
> Do you open a
> inputStream everytime a file is published and close it to indicate
> the end
> of file?
Yes - a close on an ActiveMQOutputStream will close the
ActiveInputStream on the other end.
> From what I could let it looks like it does not expose session. May
> be I am not reading this right. If so how can we call explicit commit?
You can't - commit semantics aren't used - it's a Stream.
> Also
> the other thing that is not clear is how to set message header
> properties
> (since this does not expose messages) and filters for subscribers. Can
> properties be set using the properties parameter in the constructor?
Correct - you use the properties in the Constructor for the
ActiveMQOutputStream and Selector on the ActiveMQInputStream.

> Thanks again.
>

> --
> Files-t1443761.html#a3901159

cheers,