activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Claude Montpetit [Trilliant]" <claude.montpe...@trilliantnetworks.com>
Subject Re: getting the brokers in a cluster
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:21:52 GMT
Hi,

I read the JMX+over+JMS page but still did not figured out how to run
JMX in this context.

> To get a cluster-wide view, one option is to try using JMX-over-JMS as
> a connector (which Lingo has http://lingo.codehaus.org/),
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/LINGO/JMX+over+JMS
>
> then just connect to JMX using JMS and you should see all the brokers
> and connections in one big JMX tree

I get this exception:

-------
Exception in thread "main" java.net.MalformedURLException:
Unsupported protocol: jms
at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorServerFactory.newJMXConnectorServer(JMXConnectorServerFactory.java:304)
-------

What I did was to add this code to one of the Lingo parts (server),
adapted from the JMX+over+JMS page:

  MBeanServer mbeanServer = (MBeanServer)ctx.getBean("mbeanServer");
  JMXServiceURL serverURL =
    new JMXServiceURL("service:jmx:jms:///tcp://localhost:6000");
  Map<String, String> serverEnv= new HashMap<String, String>();
  serverEnv.put("jmx....provider.pkgs","org.....provider");
  JMXConnectorServer connectorServer=
     JMXConnectorServerFactory.newJMXConnectorServer(
       serverURL,serverEnv, mbeanServer);
  connectorServer.start();

Is there something missing?

--
Claude

> James
>
> On 4/5/06, Gerdes, Mike <Mike.Gerdes@airbus.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I am trying to write a tool for my application, that reads out with which brokers
my activemq broker is connected and what remote endpoints it know. Or simply a tool that collects
information about the queues and brokers available in the cluster.

>> So how can this be done? I have tried it with getPeerBrokerInfo() from BrokerInfo,
but that methode just returns an empty array.

>> Any ideas how to solve this?
>>
>> cya
>>
>> mike
>>
>> This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external partner
or the Global Internet. Keep this in mind if you answer this message.