activemq-users mailing list archives

From lololo <lbonan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Launching ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 01:53:24 GMT

Hi,

I'm  newbie in activemq. After having spend too much hours on
http://activemq.org and http://incubator.apache.org/activemq, I still cannot
explain why it is so easy to launch activemq-3.2.2 after unzipping whereas
I've got the following error message with activemq-4.0-M4:

>bin\activemq
ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\Program Files My\Apache Software
Foundation\activemq-4.0-M4\bin\..
(org.apache.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader).
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException
parsing XML document from class path resource [activemq.xml]; nested
exception is
 java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [activemq.xml] cannot be
opened because it does not exist
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException
parsing XML document from class path resource [activemq.xml]; nested
exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
[activemq.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist

Could anyone tell me what's going wrong. My classpath is
"CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01\lib\ext\QTJava.zip". Do I have
to complete it with each jar present in the lib directory?

Once activemq launched, will the examples run also straightforward (I used
ant to build them)?

Last question: once examples work, where can I find a complete step/step
description of the process to finally use activemq from Tomcat/Axis?
According to the http://activemq.org and
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq sites it's straightforward ... but it
is not so quick for a new comer.

Conf: XP, Tomcat 5.0.28, Axis 1.1 and so far all works fine.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE