activemq-users mailing list archives

From necrosus <>
Subject create connnection hanging
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:55:17 GMT

Not sure i am missing something simple.

I am running activemq on linux (Centos 4.3).. (tried java 1.4 and 5)
Basically i just started up the default configuration of activemq (using
/bin/activemq). It starts fine.

Then i wanted to run a simple java program to connect to activemq so start
playing with queues and messages and the like.

using the code:
ActiveMQConnectionFactory mqFactory = new
Connection connection = mqFactory.createConnection();
Session session connection.createSession(true, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

Anything after createConnection doesnt get excuted and the client hangs. On
activemq tI can see the connection being created.
DEBUG TcpTransport                   - TCP consumer thread starting

But then nothing happens until i stop the client running and it gives the
EOF exception.

Am i missing something obvious? I dont understand what is going on exactly.
It just seesm i cant get beyond createConnection
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message