activemq-users mailing list archives

From Danielius Jurna <daniel...@elitnet.lt>
Subject Re: Message redelivery using Stomp with RC2 and RC3
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 07:01:45 GMT

Yes, in latest snapshot messages are deleted, but I don't think this issue is
solved completly.

If I'm consuming message with java client, message is deleted from journal
right after it is sent to the consumer. So journal log looks like:
Journalled message add
Journalled message remove
Journalled message add
Journalled message remove

If I'm consuming message with stomp client, message is deleted from jounal
only after some delay. So log looks like:
Journalled message add
Journalled message add
---- few seconds of waiting
Journalled message remove
Journalled message remove

This behaviour causes few problems:
1. If Stomp client quits after receiving messages (even after 1-2s after
receiving message), messages are still left in the journal. After reconnect,
all those messages are redelivered again.
2. If broker runs at full capacity (sender sends as much as broker can
handle and receiver receives as much as it can), memory consumpsion is
increasing and after about 1M messages borker crashes. If you add some delay
in message producer (in my case - adding 100ms sleep) - memory stops
increasing.