activemq-users mailing list archives

From Maciej Andreas Bednarz <bednarz-hanno...@web.de>
Subject ActiveMQ 4: EmbeddedBroker & Postgres persistence only
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:45:55 GMT

Hi there,

I am evaluating ActiveMQ and try to embed it into my application. So far
everything goes well. But when I try to change the persistence from derby to
postgres this seems to have no effect. After startup postgres tables are
created, but when I send some durable messages they are persisted in derby
only. Could you please review my code?

-- main method to start the broker --

BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
broker.setDeleteAllMessagesOnStartup(false);
broker.setPersistent(true);
broker.setPersistenceAdapter(createPersistenceAdapter());
broker.start();

-- persistence adapter creator --

static PersistenceAdapter createPersistenceAdapter() throws Exception {

    	PGPoolingDataSource pgsDs = new PGPoolingDataSource();

        pgsDs.setServerName("localhost");
        pgsDs.setDatabaseName("activemq");
        pgsDs.setPortNumber(0);
        pgsDs.setUser("activemq");
        pgsDs.setPassword("activemq");
        pgsDs.setDataSourceName("postgres");
        pgsDs.setInitialConnections(1);
        pgsDs.setMaxConnections(10);

        JDBCPersistenceAdapter psa = new JDBCPersistenceAdapter(pgsDs, new
DefaultWireFormat());

         ActiveMQQueue queue = new ActiveMQQueue();
        queue.createDestination("TOOL.DEFAULT");
        psa.createQueueMessageStore(queue);
        psa.start();

        return psa;
}

-- Info output after starting my broker --

INFO - ActiveMQ 4.0-RC2 JMS Message Broker (localhost) is starting
INFO - For help or more information please see:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
INFO - Database driver recognized: [apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
INFO - Journal Recovery Started from: Active Journal: using 2 x 20.0 Megs
at: ...
INFO - Journal Recovered: 1 message(s) in transactions recovered.
INFO - Database driver recognized: [postgresql_native_driver]

INFO - Listening for connections at: tcp://msgn2539i:61616
INFO - Connector tcp://msgn2539i:61616 Started
INFO - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (localhost) started
INFO - JMX consoles can connect to
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi

As you can see [apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver] is still loaded and if I
send some durable messages, they are persisted in derby ond not in postgres.

Can someone give my an example of a working configuration for postgres as
only data store for persistent messages?

Thanks,

Maciej A. Bednarz