activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevro <activ...@turnsignalfluid.com>
Subject Re: Channel was inactive for too long
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:30:13 GMT

Crap.  Spoke too soon.  It was great for a while (a few hours), but now it's
back to its old tricks again.  When the exceptions start flying, my queue
browser and JMX console seem to stop updating, so I have no idea how many
messages are on the queues (6000+ for one of them).

Restarting the broker makes them update one time, but that's it.  Just a
WAG, but I'm guessing that since messages aren't getting acknowledged,
they're staying on the queues, and when I restart the broker, the consumer
connection is closed, and the broker releases those unacknowledged messages
for consumption by other connections, so the number never decreases, even
though the consumer is consuming messages at a rate of about 2,000/hour.

I'm using auto_acknowledge here - would client_acknowledge help at all?  Any
other idears?

TIA,
Kevin