activemq-users mailing list archives

From TiredAndEmotional <stevesil...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Message Groups and load balancing
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:43:54 GMT

Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing our current JMS implementation with ActiveMQ
and noticed the Message Groups feature in version 4.0. This feature may be
very useful to my current refactoring of our software, but that is dependent
upon how load balancing works in Message groups.

I don't suppose anyone on the list can give me some insite into how the
loads are balanced?

Is it simply that the first consumer to grab hold of a message from a group
then gets all messages assigned to that group (thus leading to a stochastic
load balancing under the assumption of many concurrent message groups not of
disimilar size as a loaded consumer is less likey to be the next free
consumer) or is some other logic used?

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

Steve Siller