activemq-users mailing list archives

From ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and Ajax
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:21:42 GMT

James,

Yes I did read that page a few times ;-) which is what led me to Jencks, it
should handle the resource pooling.... But yes, JmsTemplate might be a
little too over simplified! The farther along I get the more tempted I am to
avoid JmsTemplate for the moment.... but at first it did make things easy
for someone not very familiar with Jms.

For example, typically when running with session based transactions I have
not found a way to get the session object from JmsTemplate to rollback a
transaction! As you rightly mentioned the method to get the session object
is protected.

I am going to have a look at the new JmsTemplate support in Spring 2.0 M3
just to get a better idea where they are headed. Then I am going to dig
deaper into Jms...... Do you know of any good reference books?

Serge