activemq-users mailing list archives

From ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and Ajax
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 07:51:03 GMT

Thanks I will give this whole issue some more thought.

BTW with regards to Comet, my understanding is that it is truely push based
and does not require more than a single poll to get started after which
events are pushed. In that case I guess your Ajax solution would be a sort
of hybrid since there is a poll every 20-30 seconds.... and I still agree
that it would be more robust.

Another alternative would be to use XMPP and JEP 124 to get it over HTTP but
this does not address the Push aspect... only the transport layer. I saw
somewhere that there was some XMPP support in ActiveMQ.