activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason P <cobrac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting SSL timeout value
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:06:06 GMT

Thanks for the reply James,

I took a look at the TCP Transport Reference and modified my code to include
the timeout parameter but now I'm getting some exceptions during the
connection attempt.  When I add in the soTimeout Transport Option I get the
following error:

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL:
ssl://10.0.1.9:3066?soTimeout=9000. Reason:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid connect parameters:
{soTimeout=9000}
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)
        at javax.jms.JMSException.<init>(JMSException.java:35)
        at javax.jms.JMSException.<init>(JMSException.java:41)
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:32)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:258)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:155)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid connect parameters:
{soTimeout=9000}
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:43)
        at
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException.<init>(IllegalArgumentException.java:36)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.activeio.ActiveIOTransportFactory.doConnect(ActiveIOTransportFactory.java:76)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.connect(TransportFactory.java:84)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:210)

        ... 5 more

I then tried to connect using the connectionTimeout Transport Option and
received a similar exception:

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL:
ssl://10.0.1.9:3066?connectionTimeout=9000. Reason:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid connect parameters:
{connectionTimeout=9000}
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)
        at javax.jms.JMSException.<init>(JMSException.java:35)
        at javax.jms.JMSException.<init>(JMSException.java:41)
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:32)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:258)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:155)
        at
com.powertech.cm.qcom.client.CMRequestSender.connect(CMRequestSender.java:210)
        at
com.powertech.cm.qcom.client.CMClientCommunicator.init(CMClientCommunicator.java:225)
        at
com.powertech.cm.qcom.client.CMClientCommunicator.<init>(CMClientCommunicator.java:187)
        at
com.powertech.cm.qcom.client.CMClientCommunicator.main(CMClientCommunicator.java:4355)
 Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid connect parameters:
{connectionTimeout=9000}
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:43)
        at
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException.<init>(IllegalArgumentException.java:36)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.activeio.ActiveIOTransportFactory.doConnect(ActiveIOTransportFactory.java:76)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.connect(TransportFactory.java:84)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:210)

        ... 5 more

I'm using the ActiveMQ 4.0-M4 source download which I modified in Eclipse
and built using Maven (maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true).  Do the Transport
Options remain the same from 3.x to 4.x?