activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevro <activ...@turnsignalfluid.com>
Subject Channel was inactive for too long
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:09:55 GMT

I'm using RC-2 on FC3, running a queue consumer with one connection.  After
20 seconds of message processing, the consumer gives me this exception, and
stops receiving messages.

Async exception with no exception listener:
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
for too long.
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
for too long.
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.readCheck(InactivityMonitor.java:101)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.access$000(InactivityMonitor.java:35)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor$1.run(InactivityMonitor.java:51)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:431)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:198)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:189)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:213)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I've tried setting the maxInactivityDuration on the client and broker (i.e.,
tcp://192.168.1.33:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=10000), but that
doesn't help.  I've also set that as high as the config will let me with no
change.

I've tried using messageConsumer.receive() as well as creating a listener,
and both versions have the problem.

The consumer and broker are both running on the same machine, and there
aren't any firewalls.

How can I stop this from happening?  Or, how can I increase that 20 second
window to forever?

TIA,
Kevin