activemq-users mailing list archives

From natron <nathanthras...@adelphia.net>
Subject AMQ on Linux Fedora Core 4
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:07:00 GMT

Hi,

I am having problems with performance when using message driven pojos added
into my activemq.xml file but ONLY when I try to run in Linux.  I have a
requirement to handle approx. 1000 msg/sec - something that AMQ can do quite
easily with the message sizes of my system.  The problem is, as soon as I
add in any sort of MD POJO, performance instantly falls to approx 25
msg/sec.

We are using AMQ 4 SNAPSHOT version
Sun jdk 1.5.x
Linux Fedora Core 4 with all patches.
HP Proliant DL 360 G4 servers with 2, 2.8 Ghz processors (we've tried
running with SMP kernal and standard kernal)

We have tried multiple versions of the JVM, multiple different POJO's all
with the same effect.

FYI - The *exact* same code/configuration runs blazingly fast on my puny
Dell laptop running WinXP Pro which is why I am confused.  Unfortunately, I
do not have the freedom to test installing WinXP on my servers so I am
hoping that someone else maybe has run into this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Natron