activemq-users mailing list archives

From rmoore <>
Subject Re: Embedded Networked Brokers
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:40:04 GMT

thanks for the reply.

how are you using the brokerServer? are you calling start? are you starting
your AMQ brokers via the command line? do you have transport connectors
conigured in your config xml?

i got my replication to work if i do the following:
1. take all of my connector information (transport and connector) out of my
config xml files (one for each broker)
2 . start up two brokers from the command line (using the config xml)
3. start up my consumer class that creates a BrokerService, sets the
transport connector (61617) and the network connector (61616) and calls
broker.start();, then i create a connection using ActiveMQConnectionFactory
connectionFactory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61617");
and wait for messages.
4. startup my producer the same way as the cosumer and send a message to
61616 (my consumer has a network connector uri for 61616). the replication
across brokers delivers the message to my consumer.

how would i setup just the network connector piece programmatically if i
have the transport connector info set via an xml file? i tried commenting
out broker.setTransportConnectorURIs(transportConnectors);  in both my
producer and consumer and still calling broker.start() and the replication
did not work. is there a way to get a Broker or BrokerService and have it
configured with the info setup in the config.xml used to start activemq?

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message