activemq-users mailing list archives

From etolson <etol...@hcmny.com>
Subject Re: [activemq-user] Application Hanging when Sending JMS Messages
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:57:52 GMT

We have experienced a similar problem, with only one overlapping variable -
so clearly this is an ActiveMQ bug.  We are running a JBoss appserver on
Linux using Java 1.5 and Active MQ v.3.2 to distribute data to client
applications.  We are using topics and non-persistant messages.  Active MQ
locks up with a thread stuck doing a socketWrite and holding locks needed by
all the other Active MQ threads.  Here's the thread dump of the offending
thread:

"Thread-224058" daemon prio=1 tid=0xe3954c10 nid=0x2a61 runnable
[0xde12d000..0xde12d670]
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at
org.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedOutputStream.flush(TcpBufferedOutputStream.java:109)
        at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)
        at
org.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportChannel.doAsyncSend(TcpTransportChannel.java:475)
        - locked <0x4e66b458> (a java.lang.Object)
        at
org.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportChannel$1.run(TcpTransportChannel.java:262)
        at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:748)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Has any progress been made on resolving this bug since this post was made 7
months ago?