activemq-users mailing list archives

From yaussy <yau...@cboe.com>
Subject Multiple Durable Producers Question
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:43:57 GMT

I'll pose this as a question first, since I've made a mistake already with
regards to the JMS spec and Durable consumer behavior...

Is there any reason why you can't have multiple producer processes
publishing to the same durable topic, and be able to expect that consumers
would get all messages published (i.e. from both producer processes)?

My configuration is (AMQ RC2):
3 brokers, A, B and C
1 consumer connected to broker A
1 producer connected to broker B
1 producer connected to broker C

I start the first producer and the consumer reports receiving messages from
that producer (I put a producer name into the message for verification).
Once I start the second producer, the consumer reports receiving messages
from the second producer - but stops reporting messages from the first
producer.  A couple minutes go by, then it switches - the consumer reports
messages from the first producer, but not from the second producer.  This
flip flop continues.  At first I thought the second producer would be all
that the consumer would get, but was surprised to see the switches between
one producer and the other - I just had to wait a few minutes.