activemq-users mailing list archives

From yaussy <yau...@cboe.com>
Subject Questions / issue with CLIENT_ACK mode.
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:51:10 GMT

Looking at the JMS spec, I'm not seeing anything yet that directly prohibits
a durable Message object, coming in on a TopicSession which is set to
CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE, from being passed on to another thread for processing
(and later acknowledgement on that thread).

So, my question is: is this explicitly prohibited?

If not, it seems like this is not allowed for in ActiveMQMessageConsumer.
The deliveredMessages linked list is not protected for this type of usage
scenario.  The list can be cleared concurrently with new messages being
added, thus causing NullPointer exceptions.