activemq-users mailing list archives

From RickBadertscher <rbadertsc...@packeteer.com>
Subject Massive parallel message distribution (Thousands of clients)
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:37:32 GMT

I need to asynchronously transmit different messages to possibly thousands of
clients.  I don't know enough about activemq implementation to know whether
each client maintains an open socket to the provider, if so, it would seem
jms point-to-point my not work for this type of problem as the provider
would be overloaded with open sockets.   Does anyone have an insight on
this?   I was thinking of just writing a simple multi-threaded distributor
to do what I need, but it seems that this problem should already be solved.
Thanks in advance.

- Rick