activemq-users mailing list archives

From John Pederzolli <jpederzo...@gmail.com>
Subject Transaction Retry Problems (AMQ4
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 16:24:55 GMT

I have a Spring/Jencks/AMQ4 setup where I am sending 100 messages and causing
every 5th to fail via a RuntimeException in the consumer. Initially the
messages are getting retried as they should, however I see this exception
showing up quite a bit:

[DEBUG] 2006-04-06 08:57:30,161  -
org.apache.activemq.ra.ServerSessionImpl:17 (ServerSessionImpl.java:252)-
Endpoint did not release properly:
org.apache.activemq.ra.InvalidMessageEndpointException
org.apache.activemq.ra.InvalidMessageEndpointException
	at
org.apache.activemq.ra.MessageEndpointProxy$MessageEndpointDead.release(MessageEndpointProxy.java:156)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ra.MessageEndpointProxy.release(MessageEndpointProxy.java:68)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ra.ServerSessionImpl.close(ServerSessionImpl.java:250)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ra.ServerSessionPoolImpl.removeFromPool(ServerSessionPoolImpl.java:180)
	at org.apache.activemq.ra.ServerSessionImpl.run(ServerSessionImpl.java:177)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:291)
	at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Eventually, messages are simply not consumed at all (after about 20 or so).
They are put on the queue however and appear to be consumed after a restart
of my application, when this cycle starts again (stopping around 20 or so).
Debug logs show the following when a message is placed on the queue but not
consumed:

[DEBUG] 2006-04-06 09:03:08,329  -
apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalMessageStore
(JournalMessageStore.java:97)- Journalled message add for:
ID:HOSTNAME-3109-1144339322001-3:2:1:1:97, at: 0:195384
[DEBUG] 2006-04-06 09:03:08,329  -
activemq.broker.region.Queue.transactionQueue (Queue.java:409)- No
subscriptions registered, will not dispatch message at this time.

Is there a configuration issue here or a legitimate bug? Thank you.