activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jim Ronan <...@ronans.us>
Subject Store and Forward
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:13:20 GMT

I'm using the example producer/consumer applications to configure a scenario
where I have multiple web applications which use a local broker to route
messages to a central server.  Should the central broker be down or
unreachable, the web app brokers should store the messages locally and
forward to the central server when it comes back up.

I've configured my brokers as below:

Central:
    <beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
      <broker name="central" useJmx="true">
        <persistenceAdapter>
          <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="../activemq-central-data"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>
        <transportConnectors>
           <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
        </transportConnectors>
      </broker>
    </beans>

Web App:
    <beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
      <broker name="wf1" useJmx="false">
        <persistenceAdapter>
          <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="../activemq-data-wf"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>
        <transportConnectors>
           <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61617">
        </transportConnectors>
        <networkConnectors>
          <networkConnector uri="static:failover:tcp://localhost:61616">
          </networkConnector>
        </networkConnectors>
      </broker>
    </beans>

It kind of works, I can use the example producer program to submit messages
to the web app broker and the consumer program will pull them from the
central broker.

However, both the producer and consumer end with this message:

   WARN  ActiveMQConnection - Cleanup failed  javax.jms.JMSException: Cannot
write to the stream any more it has already been closed

AND - if I restart the consumer it will pull the same messages from the
central broker.

I've tried experimenting with durable and transacted settings in the
consumer/producer build.xml.  I get different behavior, but not what I want.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance - Jim Ronan