activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kuppe <>
Subject support for legacy protocol
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 22:30:05 GMT

I am new to ActiveMQ and before really evaluating the product too deeply, i
need to determine whether there is support for a legacy protocol/connector
that I use for connecting clients to my existing mom. The current
implementation uses a SocketFactory to create a secure socket using the
HTTPS protocol through proxies/firewalls (performing all negotiations
relevant to  authenticate) and returns the secure socket to a communicator
that then uses this socket for normal binary socket io. This provides a very
internet friendly binary connection to our software clients.

I am interested to know whether I am able to easily migrate this socket
factory to an ActiveMQ connector and/or whether there is in fact an
alternative connector included in ActiveMQ that could replicate this

Thanks for your feedback.

Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at

View raw message