activemq-users mailing list archives

From toolpusher <hkoduru...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using UDP for Connector
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:12:01 GMT

Hello,
   We are trying to have the consumer connect to the broker via UDP to
consume messages that have been put on a Q via TCP.
At 4.0 I am unable to connect with UDP at all and I get this message:
Transport scheme NOT recognized: [udp]

When I try to add:
<transportConnector uri="udp://localhost:61626"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>

to the TRANSPORTCONNECTORS section of activemq.xml, I get a
Transport scheme NOT recognized: [udp]
message while starting up the broker.

We tried v3.2.2 and failed as well.  The problems there are different.
I modified the activemq.xml and activemq.dtd to add
a CONNECTOR
<serverTransport uri="udp://localhost:61626"/>
Though this allowed me to startup the broker I am unable to consume messages
that have been put on the Q by a UDP producer and strangely I get a
bindexception.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.