activemq-users mailing list archives

From guillermolalsacien <guille...@sun.com>
Subject Dynamic Topic or just Temporary topic ?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:03:48 GMT

I need to create Topics dynamically with the following code:

Topic topic = null;
connectionFactory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory( PROVIDER_URL  );
Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
Session s = connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
topic = s.createTopic(name);

I have checked in the JConsole that the topic was succesfully created.
I run this code in another to machine to locate the Topic:

Topic topic = (Topic) ctx.lookup("dynamicTopics/" + name);

It also works fine, the problem is that when I stop the broker the Topic
isn't there once restarted.

So my question is what is the difference between a temporary topic and this
kind of topic ? How can I create and share a dynamic topic and make it last
?

I've also seen in the documents that it is possible to bind destinations in
the JNDI context like other JMS providers do, but since it is a
ReadOnlyContext how should I do that ?