activemq-users mailing list archives

From kitplummer <kitplum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedded Brokers discovery
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:00:28 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> On 3/30/06, kitplummer <kitplummer@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, this discovery method works.  However, I want to use mDNS.  Just to
>> finalize this...
>>
>> Is there no more support for jmDNS?
>
> No - the code is still there. Use rendezvous:foo
>
> I've just committed a test case using it which seems to work.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/transport/discovery/RendezvousDiscoverTransportTest.java
>
> --
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

James (and everyone else),

Ok, I feel somewhat stupid now.  What I'm really looking for is to have the
ActiveMQ broker show up in my Bonjour Browser window.  Now to make that
happen I'm think I need to add some stuff to the "ActiveMQ-4." string to
make it end up more like "default._ActiveMQ-4._tcp.local." which would then
appear in the mdns browser.  I've edited the RendevousDiscoveryAgent.java
code, but am still not seeing it.  Looking a little closer at the code
there, I am thinking I somehow need to call the registerService method in
order for it to actually make it to the mDNS server.  Any help here would be
greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Kit