activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Kessler <kkess...@ameritrade.com>
Subject ConcurrentModificationException
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:40:32 GMT

I'm checking out ActiveMQ embedded in JBoss by firing as many messages as I
can on a Topic to an MDB that just counts and logs the messages.  After
sending a few thousand messages, the server would blow up with a
ConcurrentModificationException because of a LinkedList in the
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicSubscription class, in the
dispatchMatched() method.  This would totally hose the server so bad I would
have to kill -9 JBoss to get it to shutdown.

I put a synchronized(matched){} (matched is the name of the LinkList) around
the entire loop that iterated through the LinkedList in the
dispatchMatched() method, and the exception went away.  It's something you
guys might want to look at.

BTW, I'm getting about 4000 messages per second now in my simple test; very
impressive.