activemq-users mailing list archives

From reza aliakbary <r_aliakb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: activemq-3.2.2 vs activemq-4.0-M4 performance comparsion
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:17:38 GMT
Hi Rob,

  Yes, You are right. I changed the property and now the benchmark  performs quite fast with
the snapshot version. But what would I loose  if I set useAsyncSend = true? I think I get
no exception if a message  cannot be delivered, right?

  Cheers,
  Reza

Rob Davies <rajdavies@gmail.com> wrote:  Hi Reza,

this is good feedback - something that has changed between activemq
3.x and 4.0 is that by default messages sent from a MessageProducer
now wait for a receipt from the message broker that the message has
been received. So a property you could set on your Connection Factory
is to set useAsyncSend = true.

I'd be interested to know if this makes a difference for you.

cheers,

Rob