activemq-users mailing list archives

From reza aliakbary <r_aliakb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: activemq-3.2.2 vs activemq-4.0-M4 performance comparsion
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 14:25:48 GMT
Dear Rob, The current snapshot performs better than RC2 but still it is  too slower than 3.2.2
. With a benchmark in the same environment I got  the following times:
  3.2.2 ----> 8 sec.
  SNAPSHOT ----> 43 sec.
  RC2 --- > 77 sec.

  So you see the diffrence is a lot(8 vs 43).

  Thanks,
  Reza

Rob Davies <rajdavies@gmail.com> wrote:  could you try the latest snapshot: http://cvs.apache.org/repository/

incubator-activemq/distributions/  - I've only started  ActiveMQ 4.0
has only started in the past week :)

On 23 Apr 2006, at 08:06, reza aliakbary wrote:

> Dear James, I also tested with RC2 but it is still slow. We are
> interested of the features you provided in version 4.0 but we
> don't  want to loose performance. I hope you would reach to the
> performance of  3.2.2 in next releases of 4.0 .
>
>   Cheers,
>   Reza
>

> James Strachan  wrote:  Which version of
> 4.0 are you testing? FWIW we've only recently started
> tuning 4.x heavily, certainly SVN HEAD is looking quite good.
>

> On 4/22/06, reza aliakbary  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  I used a simple benchmark to compare the performance of 3.2.2 vs
>> 4.0 . I
>> suprised why 3.2.2 performs very better than 4.0, I thought I
>> could be wrong
>> or maybe my configuration has a problem but I couldn't find
>> anything bad in
>> configurations(I used default and without persistency). I have
>> attached
>> codes that I used. Please let me know why 3.2.2 performs better
>> than 4.0.
>> The benchmark works with a queue asynchronously.
>>  Run the consumer to register consumers and them run the producer.
>>
>>  Best Regards,
>>  Reza

>> http://mail.yahoo.com
>>

> --
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

> Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using
> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! MessengerÂ’s low  PC-to-Phone call rates.