activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Gerdes, Mike" <mike.ger...@airbus.com>
Subject AW: a strange ssl error
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 11:09:42 GMT

thanks for the fast answer. Ok there is no part of my network that closes the connection,
but your hint looks close to the error. It doesn't happen with tcp, but SSL throws sockettimeout
messages all the time and calls a close after the message is transfered. The timeouts don't
cause the connection to be closed while it is idle, so I guess there might be something in
the code that closes the connection or so.
The funny thing is that everything works fine as long as no close is called. That means I
can send and recieve messages without any problems all the time, so the connection is not
totally dropped. But when I want to close it then the error occurs.
It is not that critical, as I can just leave all connections open, but it might be a problem
in an enviroment with many clients and when the application that gets the exception crashes.

anyway thanks again james

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 12:57
An: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: Re: a strange ssl error

On 4/6/06, Gerdes, Mike <mike.gerdes@airbus.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> so in my experiments with ssl, which looked promising, I have encountered a new error.
To be honest I have no clue what causes this error or why it is caused at all.
> First this error happens in compination of ssl and jms, second the error only happens
in about 50% of all cases, third and the strangest thing is, that the error only happens when
a connection.close(); is in class file and I haven't noticed it when the connection is not
closed. Also it looks like the error is happening shortly before the connection.close(); command
is executed. At least the error is displayed right in the output of a loop that runs before
the connection.close();.

> I am totally confused by this error and and argh....

>From the stack trace it looks like you are trying to close a client
connection but that fails because the socket has already been closed
by someone else - though I've no bright ideas why that might be the
case I'm afraid. Could it be a firewall or some other part of your
network is simply just dropping the underlying socket? Or are there
any broker side warnings/errors that is causing it to drop the socket?
Or was the client just inactive for too long?

--

James
-------

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.