activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Gerdes, Mike" <mike.ger...@airbus.com>
Subject a strange ssl error
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:44:57 GMT

hi,

so in my experiments with ssl, which looked promising, I have encountered a new error. To
be honest I have no clue what causes this error or why it is caused at all.
First this error happens in compination of ssl and jms, second the error only happens in about
50% of all cases, third and the strangest thing is, that the error only happens when a connection.close();
is in class file and I haven't noticed it when the connection is not closed. Also it looks
like the error is happening shortly before the connection.close(); command is executed. At
least the error is displayed right in the output of a loop that runs before the connection.close();.

I am totally confused by this error and and argh....

ok here is the error output.

cya

mike

     [java] <component>
     [java] <componentName>outputSender</componentName>
     [java] <statistic>
     [java] <InboundExchangeCount>45</InboundExchangeCount>
     [java] <InboundExchangeRate>99450.33333333333</InboundExchangeRate>
     [java] <OutboundExchangeCount>45</OutboundExchangeCount>
     [java] <InboundQueueSize>0</InboundQueueSize>
     [java] </statistic>
     [java] </component>
     [java] <component>
     [java] Exception in thread "main" javax.jms.JMSException: Connection closed
 by remote host
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExcept
ionSupport.java:57)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(Active
MQConnection.java:1090)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.close(ActiveMQConnecti
on.java:543)
     [java]     at JMSClient.main(Unknown Source)
     [java] Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection closed by remote hos
     [java]     at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.checkWrite(SSLSock
etImpl.java:1168)
     [java]     at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputS
tream.java:60)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedOutputStream.flu
sh(TcpBufferedOutputStream.java:108)
     [java]     at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.oneway(TcpTran
sport.java:121)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(Inacti
vityMonitor.java:141)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.oneway(Transpor
tFilter.java:86)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(Wir
eFormatNegotiator.java:77)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTran
sport.java:44)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(Respo
nseCorrelator.java:55)
     [java]     at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(Active
MQConnection.java:1088)
     [java]     ... 2 more
     [java] <componentName>SMNameSupply</componentName>
     [java] <statistic>
     [java] <InboundExchangeCount>27</InboundExchangeCount>
     [java] <InboundExchangeRate>142681.44444444444</InboundExchangeRate>
     [java] <OutboundExchangeCount>54</OutboundExchangeCount>
     [java] <InboundQueueSize>0</InboundQueueSize>
     [java] </statistic>
     [java] </component>

Source Code snippet:

        TextMessage m = (TextMessage) consumer.receive(1000*10);

        if( m == null ) {
            System.out.println("Response timed out.");
        } else {
            System.out.println("Response was: "+m.getText());
        }

        System.out.println("Closing.");
        connection.close();

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.