activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Gerdes, Mike" <Mike.Ger...@airbus.com>
Subject AW: a strange ssl error
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:45:39 GMT

Yes thats strange. It might be that the encryption takes to long on slower machines, but I
don't think thats the issue. Strange...just strange..

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. April 2006 12:03
An: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: Re: a strange ssl error

Though having said that - its strange that folks don't see this kind
of issue when not using SSL

> Am wondering why the socket is being closed before the client can send
> its close message to the broker; I wonder if the broker's
> InactivityMonitor is thinking that the client has been inactive for
> too long and discarding the connection?
>
> James
>
> On 4/7/06, Gerdes, Mike <Mike.Gerdes@airbus.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have made a few testings and it seems to be some kind of a timing problem or so.
I have enabled full ssl debugging and compared both output files with diff. There are some
different ports and some lines are in a different order...nothing special here so I ignored
that.
> > Then there is a point in the case when no error occurs, where a thread sends data.
This is not the case when the error occurs. Ok this error happens on two different machines
with different configurations.
> > So from this I would say, that the error occurs, when the socket is closed before
one thread can send its message. As this seams to be a timing problem, it would explain, why
the error doesn't happen in all cases.

connection, but your hint looks close to the error. It doesn't happen with tcp, but SSL throws
sockettimeout messages all the time and calls a close after the message is transfered. The
timeouts don't cause the connection to be closed while it is idle, so I guess there might
be something in the code that closes the connection or so.
> > > The funny thing is that everything works fine as long as no close is called.
That means I can send and recieve messages without any problems all the time, so the connection
is not totally dropped. But when I want to close it then the error occurs.
> > > It is not that critical, as I can just leave all connections open, but it might
be a problem in an enviroment with many clients and when the application that gets the exception
crashes.

> > > anyway thanks again james

a new error. To be honest I have no clue what causes this error or why it is caused at all.
only happens in about 50% of all cases, third and the strangest thing is, that the error only
happens when a connection.close(); is in class file and I haven't noticed it when the connection
is not closed. Also it looks like the error is happening shortly before the connection.close();
command is executed. At least the error is displayed right in the output of a loop that runs